Taipei, Oct 1, 2020 – The dentistry market has evolved throughout the years. From only extracting decayed teeth and plugging cavities in the 1840s, dental technology and knowledge has advanced to using sophisticated methods – like utilizing 3D imaging to reshape a jaw, treating dental decay medically and more – for prevention, diagnosis, and treatment.
Benefiting from advanced technology in ICT and medical technology, Taiwan is recognized for its research and development of various smart dentistry devices and systems. Taiwan Excellence hosted an online product launch on 30th of Sept, Wednesday to showcase the latest Taiwanese dentistry technologies and solutions.
Ms. Leonor Lin, President & CEO of Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA), mentioned that the demand for oral care products will continue to increase. It is estimated that the global dental implant market demand will reach its peak in 2026, where business opportunities are expected to approach US$570 billion.
The five innovative and reliable dentistry technologies that was presented are:
- EPED’s Implant Real-time Imaging System (IRIS) utilizes optical space location technology to instantly visualize the implant handpiece and drill together with CBCT 3D image, avoiding dangerous areas and reducing the risk of dental implants during surgery. It provides flexibly and exceptionally customized solutions in dental training as well as dental impressions and dental curriculum;
- Saturn Imaging’ Implant Max sets a new standard in guided implantology, aiming to promote the guiding technology into routine practice in every implantation case. It provides an all-in-one solution for guided implantology, ranging from digital treatment planning, surgical guide fabrication, to surgical guide verification;
- Dentmate Technology’s Dental Curing Light is lightweight and easy to operate. With 8 modes in one device, it is suitable for general dentistry, pediatric dentistry, orthodontic, and hygiene;
- Young Optics’ Digital Light Processing 3D Printer offers stable printing of dental materials with constant parameters, it is able to accurately print even the most delicate parts, like partial denture, crowns, bridges, veneer, and more;
- DHEF’s DIGIREX® PSP Scanner packs tremendous imaging power into a small package and its special top-loading design allows for easy image scanning, making diagnosis and treatment more efficient. At the touch of a button, high resolution images are ready to be stored, emailed and printed.
TAITRA will also hold the “Taiwan-ASEAN Medical Device and Innovation Forum” on October 16th to highlight Taiwan’s strengths and to provide an avenue for industry players to connect.
To watch the full online product launch, visit https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=421675595507243