Taipei, Oct 17, 2020 –Benefiting from the advancements in ICT and medical technology, Taiwan is recognized for its research and development of various smart medical devices and systems. With its high cost-to-performance medical environment, it has resulted in an increased demand for its medical equipment, leading to export growth of 10%.
During “Taiwan – ASEAN Medical Device and Innovation Forum” on Wednesday (Oct 16th). Ms Leonor Lin, President & CEO of the Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA), mentioned that in recent years, smart healthcare has broadened the integration of big data. Many major ICT companies in Taiwan has invested in research and development and has achieved outstanding results, giving rise to more innovative medical equipment.
Medical camera device was one of the key equipment was presented by three companies:
- Faspro System’s Fasmedo FM-100 is the first head-mounted wireless camera with stylish design and autofocus performance. It is capable of capturing every detail in the operation from the surgeon’s true point-of-view. It comes with a live broadcasting feature, allowing surgeons to conduct training sessions and seminars virtually.
- Taiwan Main Orthopaedic Biotechnology’s Foresee-X Smart Surgical Glasses Solution is the first augmented reality smart surgical glasses in the world. It can directly show and record X-ray images with the medical image processing box, greatly decreasing the amount of X-ray imaging required compared to traditional methods.
- Crystalvue Medial’s Automated Portable Fundus Camera is a fully auto 3D tracking, non-mydriatic, fast, and easy to carry retinal imaging system. With its automatic 3D tracking and focusing, image capturing is as easy as pressing a button.
Pandemic prevention innovations were also exemplified by these companies:
- Mediland Enterprise’s Hyper Light Disinfection Robot is a specially designed system made to prevent Healthcare-Associated Infection (HAI) for any healthcare facilities by means of UVGI disinfection method. With its 99% sterilization rate, it can effectively limit infections in hospitals.
- IEI Integration’s Body Temperature Monitoring Solution is the first solution to combine body temperature monitoring with facial recognition function, allowing up to 30 people to be measure simultaneously.
- Quanta Computer’s Wireless Stethoscope is able to check a lung’s status, monitor patient heartbeat, and measure body temperature without direct contact. With Bluetooth connectivity, all the information can easily be sent to the doctor’s system for diagnosis.
For more info on the full online product launch, visit: https://youtu.be/zJJAhZ9a7iU